Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mid Week note

Uhhh not much going on....

I'm now reading the book Mike loved, Merle's Door. Oh! - it is a wonderful book by an award-winning author. He mingles a little science about dogs in with his story of his journey with his dog Merle. They live in wide-open Wyoming, near Jackson. Mike and I are enjoying discussing it as I read through it. If you haven't read it, and you love dogs, it's a must-read. Let me help you out: www.amazon.com.

The therapy dogs are gearing up for a testing session this Saturday. I'm a little behind on my organization for it - picked up an annoying, minor stomach virus that's going around. It caused me to skip Kennel Club last night, despite an interesting program by the SC K9 Search and Rescue folks.

This Friday is the upstate paralegal's organization's annual seminar. It's a big deal - from 7:30 am until the President's reception ends that evening. This year, it's at the Embassy Suites hotel and I'm really looking forward to it. The topics are very interesting - the sort of thing that everyone is interested in but the size of the specialty is so small that hardly anyone actually WORKS in it - like entertainment law. We have some other topics like electronic discovery that will also generate wide interest. I get to "shadow" ie hostess, the new Chief of Police for Greenville. She has quickly established herself as widely admired and genuinely liked by everyone in the community. I am really looking forward to meeting her in person and keeping her company at lunch. She is the luncheon speaker. I really enjoy networking with other paralegals, so this conference is a Must for me.

Knitting is really progressing. I went home early yesterday with this stomach bug and caught a TV demo of a particular technique that has always intrigued me - a way to knit a moebius strip in one continuous circle, from the center out. These make gorgeous scarfs - pretty and cozy, and staying in place naturally with a beautiful drape. Oh my! Once I'd SEEN it done, it was so easy. So I will need to make one of these - and they are great for using up extra yarn!

Finally got the current sock all sorted out and am half way down the leg of the first sock. It's look good and I will need to post some knitting pictures soon.

No comments: